What are the benefits of getting healthy sleep?
Healthy sleep lets your body check off its overnight to-do list, which helps you:
Signs that you aren’t getting enough healthy sleep.
You might not think you need more sleep, but your body is probably telling you something different if you:
- Feel a need to drink caffeine throughout the day to stay alert and energized
- Fall asleep easily during TV shows, car rides, or other activities before bedtime
- Oversleep on weekends (to catch up from the week)
- Have trouble controlling your appetite or losing weight
- Find it difficult to focus and concentrate
- Don’t have as much energy for exercise or playing with children
- Have less interest in sex